none
Subscription and Notification emails alerts sending but not immediate alerts RRS feed

  • Question

  • This is driving me nuts...Subscription and Notification emails  sending but not immediate alerts.  Initially they were working for about one week and since I have been trying to get them going again.  All timer jobs, permissions working correctly.  If I do an "alert me", I get the email immediately but no actual alert.  If I add a user, they get an email notification immediately.  I've been all through the suggested help sites and flow charts to no avail.  The only thing that I can think of that coincides with the stoppage is that I tried to build a workflow with SP Designer for email notification on a calendar at about the same time as when the alerts quit.  Can anyone help me?

    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 6:26 PM

Answers

  • Is this happening for one particular site or for all ?

    Please click Mark As Answer if this post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful,if it was useful

    • Marked as answer by Sandman1962 Friday, April 15, 2016 5:01 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:47 PM
  • The answer ending up being to check the Alternative Access Mapping...Thank you for your help
    • Marked as answer by Sandman1962 Friday, April 15, 2016 5:02 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 5:02 PM

All replies

  • Is this happening for one particular site or for all ?

    Please click Mark As Answer if this post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful,if it was useful

    • Marked as answer by Sandman1962 Friday, April 15, 2016 5:01 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:47 PM
  • The best way to find why the emails are not going from alerts is to either setup live ULS feed using ULS Viewer to filter for E-Mail category after generating the alert or opening a previous ULS Log file and filtering with category E-Mail.  The ULS entry will have the exact error message for you to fix it.


    Jerry Yasir - Office Server & Services MVP/MCT Hewlett Packard Enterprise - If this reply helped you resolve your issue, please propose as answer. It may help other community members. Thanks!

    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:14 PM
  • Hi,

    Do all sites have the issue? Or only one site?

    Please check if Immediate Alerts timer job is enabled in the web application by running the command below.

    stsadm.exe -o getproperty -url "http://Your-SharePoint-web-App-URL" -pn job-immediate-alerts

    Please try to reproduce the issue and get some useful error message in ULS logs.

    Thanks,

    Dean Wang


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:28 PM
    Moderator
  • The answer ending up being to check the Alternative Access Mapping...Thank you for your help
    • Marked as answer by Sandman1962 Friday, April 15, 2016 5:02 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2016 5:02 PM