none
Visual studio 2012

Question

• Hello all

Im facing a problem . i made a application using windows forms application project. After making release build , the application is running smoothly in my system. But when  i try in other system it is not opening at all. and i installed .netframewrk in that PC pls your suggestions are highly appreciated

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you tried a simplest program containing just a form without any specific code?

If it is done in C++, then maybe the C++ Redistributable Packages are also required.

For some kind of projects, modern Visual Studio offers a Publish command in context menu of Solution Explorer, which creates installation programs. Check if there is a similar feature in your version.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 5:15 AM
  • Hi ashmi jas,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, could you please tell us what is the VS edition on your another PC? is it the same as your working fine machine?

>> i try in other system it is not opening at all

When you couldn't open the application, does there any error message show up?

How about tell us the detailed error information, like a screenshot. It would be more helpful to troubleshoot.

There are two situations about the not opening application:

1. if the two VS editions are different, there might be VS compatibility issue, please refer to below article about Porting, Migrating, and Upgrading Visual Studio Projects.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx  

2. if the VS on different PC is the same edition, have you installed the newest update?

If your VS is 2012 version, please install the Visual Studio 2012 Update 5 from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=48708

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:38 AM
  • Hi viorel 

thanks for the reply

i created simple addition program (not with C++) using windows forms application. i copied the contents of the release build from my computer and pasted to other machine .

But while i tried to double clickon  .exe nothing happens (no errors , no warnings) this system i already installed .net framework 4.5.2

Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:32 PM
  • Hi Lana

thanks for the reply

i created simple addition program (not with C++) using windows forms application. i copied the contents of the "release build" from my computer and pasted to other machine A,B,C.

machine A :  Double clicked on  .exe  nothing happens (no errors , no warnings) 

machine B :   Double clicked on  .exe popped up error messsage to install .net framework after installation, program running smooth

machine C :   Double clicked on  .exe   program running smooth

Why visual studio need to install in another PC? i jus want to run a program (.exe)

Thursday, July 7, 2016 4:45 PM
  • Hi ashmi,

Since you already installed .net framework on that PC, please make sure that the .Net Framework version on that machine all apply to your application.

Besides, I suggest you use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool to check if the .NET Framework is ok. 
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

If you find there is anything wrong with .NET Framework, you may use Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool to do a repair,
    This tool detects and tries to fix some frequently occurring issues with the setup of Microsoft .NET Framework or with updates to the Microsoft .NET Framework.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 11, 2016 3:27 AM