none
data lake local mode not working

Question

• i am trying to run the usql job locally but it showing error : compute account is null
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:32 AM

All replies

• I'm sorry to take so long to respond.  Are you still having this issue?

If so can you please share which version of the tool that you're using?

Thank you,

Guy

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:04 PM
  • Similar issue here.

On build, "cannot start build task due to null compute account"

VS 2015 Enterprise

ADTVS 2.2.5000.0

thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Sears

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:21 AM
  • Additional details when running msbuild.  

Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.CompilerTask.dll  doesn't appear to have the 

msbuild /p:Configuration="Release" /p:Platform="AnyCPU" /p:BuildProjectReferences=false

Build FAILED.

"C:\xxx.usqlproj" (
    default target) (1) ->
    (USqlCompilerTarget target) ->
      C:\Users\Andrew.Sears\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\DataLake\MsBuild\1.0\Usql.targets(33,5): error MSB4062: The "Microsof
    t.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.CompilerTask.USqlCompilerTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly Microsoft.Co
    smos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.CompilerTask. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.Co
    mpilerTask' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declara
    tion is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class th
    at implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. [C:\xxxx.usqlproj]

When I fix the error by copying the tools folder and hard-coding the DLL in the Usql.targets file.

C:\Users\Andrew.Sears\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\DataLake\MsBuild\1.0\Usql.targets(33,5): error MSB4062: The "Microsoft.
    Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.CompilerTask.USqlCompilerTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\ADL Tools\2
    .2.5000.0\Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.CompilerTask. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exce
    ption from HRESULT: 0x80131047) Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its depe
    ndencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. [C:\xxx.usqlproj]
    D

Can someone tell me which DLL USqlCompilerTask lives in?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Sears

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:33 PM
  • So to fix this I did the following, after installing latest Visual Studio Tools for Azure Data Lake.

1. Delete the DataLake folder from my roaming profile directory.
    2. Create a new DataLake USQL Project.
    3. Create a dummy USQL script.

@o = EXTRACT a string
    FROM "test.txt"
    USING Extractors.Csv();

OUTPUT @o 
    TO "test2.txt"
    USING Outputters.Csv();

4. Successfully build project.

5. Submit a script locally.

6. Remove bin & obj folders from my corrupt project.

7. Clean solution on corrupt project.

8. Submit test script in corrupt project.

9. Rebuild solution.

I think things may have gone haywire when the ADL Tools folder was renamed after a prior update.

Would be interesting to know if there is any documentation around the Roaming folder and ADL Tools folder and assemblies.  According to a prior snapshot I saw the assembly here.

/mnt/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/Common7/IDE/Extensions/Microsoft/Microsoft Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio 2015/2.2.2000.0/Microsoft.Cosmos.ScopeStudio.VsExtension.CompilerTask.dll

cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Sears

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:55 PM