is JavaSciprt compiling to bytecode?

Question

• I'm not a javascript developer. But i wonder that Windows Store JavaSciprt project is compiling to .net bytecode? for improve performans.

sorry for my english

Friday, October 5, 2012 9:11 AM

Answers

• It does compile to its own bytecode for perf reasons, yes, but this is not .NET bytecode to my knowledge.

This is why you have to make sure that js, html, and css files are saved with UTF-8 encoding. The Windows Store enforces that.

.Kraig

• Marked as answer by Umut Karakoç Friday, October 5, 2012 5:33 PM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 5:27 PM
  • It's close, so far as a few perf tests I've done with computationally-intensive operations. C# is probably ~10% faster.
    • Marked as answer by Umut Karakoç Friday, October 5, 2012 5:43 PM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 5:41 PM

All replies

• It does compile to its own bytecode for perf reasons, yes, but this is not .NET bytecode to my knowledge.

This is why you have to make sure that js, html, and css files are saved with UTF-8 encoding. The Windows Store enforces that.

.Kraig

• Marked as answer by Umut Karakoç Friday, October 5, 2012 5:33 PM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 5:27 PM

.Kraig

very thanks. is Js bytecode fast as .net bytecode?
    Friday, October 5, 2012 5:39 PM
  • It's close, so far as a few perf tests I've done with computationally-intensive operations. C# is probably ~10% faster.
    • Marked as answer by Umut Karakoç Friday, October 5, 2012 5:43 PM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 5:41 PM