none
Restricting EWS Access - Problem on Exchange 2010 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using Exchange 2010 SP2 I want to restrict EWS Access - so a specific user can only use EWS if he sends the correct user-agent.

I did it this way using PS:

Set-CASMailbox -Identity 'useraccountname' –EWSApplicationAccessPolicy: EnforceAllowList –EWSAllowList: {“the useragent string of the app”}

Unfortunately this does not work, I still am able use EWS with this account with any user-agent

Even disabling EWS all-together for this user does not work (just for testing):

Set-CASMailbox -Identity 'useraccountname' –EWSEnabled $False

I can still access EWS with EWSEditor for example.

Attached are screenshots of Get-CASMailbox and a screenshot of EWSEditor accessing EWS without a problem although EWSEnabled is set to False for the User.

Edit: For testing I also set OWAEnabled to $False and the user was instantaneously unable to acces OWA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Philipp

Get-CASMailbox (EwsEnabled = False, so no EWS Access should be permitted)

PowerShell

Logged in with this user using EWSEditor (I am impersonating another user, but I am logging in as the user that should not be able to log in):

EWSEditor

• Edited by PhiWi Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:01 PM EWSEditor comment
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:58 PM

All replies

• Not sure.  It might be to do with your 'I am impersonating another user, but I am logging in as the user that should not be able to log in'.  I've not tried this feature, but I would guess that it is the mailbox that is EWS-disabled, not the user account.

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:27 PM