Scheduled task is setting live tile image to a source that is no longer part of my project RRS feed

• Question

• I added a scheduled task project to my solution.  WHen I first did it, I based my code on this example

How to send a scheduled local Tile update for Windows Phone

So it was updating the live tile with this image

SampleTileSchedule.RemoteImageUri = new Uri(@"http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/images/conus/MaxT1_conus.png");

After I got it working I changed the code and removed that image source Uri. I also changed it so that I'm using a background task as a separate project.  I actually made it as just a plain background (default image).   It seemed to work at first, but then later I checked the tile again and it was pulling the weather map image.

I have rebuilt, cleaned and redeployed my app numerous times to the device (Lumia 920) and it is still pulling the weather map image.  I searched the entire solution for that web address and there is no trace of it.

WHat do I do to get rid of this reference to that original Uri?

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:38 AM

All replies

• It sounds impossible for it to do that, but I know weird things happen. You might try decompiling the XAP file just to see if the line of code is still in there.  If it is, then there's an issue with the recompilation of the code. 

Also, you may want to manually uninstall the app from the device just to be sure that it's gone when you rebuild/redeploy.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:47 PM