Power Map: Power Map encountered an error. Please try your last action again. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just installed MS Office 2013 as separate copy on my laptop. I already have MS 2010 but I didn’t upgrade. So right now, both MS 2010 and 2013 are installed on my laptop.

Then I installed Power Map and it is showing the option in Insert tab in excel 2013 but not launching it. Whenever I click, it is giving me below error.

"power map encountered an error. please try your last action again".

Can you please guide me what to do to use power map. I installed MS 2013 only for the purpose of power map.

Regards,

Azeem Sarwar

Thursday, November 10, 2016 12:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Azeem,

You can upgrade the MS Office 2010 to 2013 version according to this article. Personally, I don’t ecommend you install different Office version at same computer. Keep in mind that even if you follow these nstructions, you might still run into issues when you use two versions of Office on the same PC.

After install MS Office 2013 successfully, please use the Power Map as following steps.

1. Go to the Microsoft official website to download the plugins.Download.

2. Then run the setup wizard by clicking the downloaded file Microsoft Power Map Preview for Excel.exe. Click Next-> checked the I Agree button, again press Next, the map are installed after the process.

3. Open the Microsoft Excel, if it does not show Power Map icon on the Insert tab. Then Go to file->Options->Add-Ins, in the Manage box, select the COM Add-ins->Go->Check the Microsoft Power Map-> OK.

4. Click on the Lunch Power Map from the Map icon.

5. In the Add Layer window, you will select the fields wanted to draw, select the Bar Chart Option.

6. Then change the color click on the setting tab and change the blue color to green. Change the formatting option to get the better look. Here is a blog which shows more details.

In addition, you also create a map base on Power view.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 11, 2016 6:36 AM