How to Display Grids to the side of the main page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm working with  flipview. i have multiple pictures  i would like to add some triangles and stuff to the pictures, i could do this to the first picture as i can see it on the main page but the 2nd picture is off to the right of the screen and i can only see the border but not the picture so how  can i display this so i can work on it. Please advise Thanks. 
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:29 PM

Answers

• hi magusdoc,

try creating test.xaml for each caveboy and cavegirl so (2 xaml 2 flipview do your designing in blend) and merge then in mainpage.xaml

or comment the cave boy flipview.item so now cavegirl will become first so edit it then after completing all designing works uncomment cave boy

this is wat i do 

• Marked as answer by Magusdoc Monday, September 30, 2013 1:20 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 5:14 AM

All replies

• I'm not envisioning your scenario here. Can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to do?

Do you want to have a grid next to your FlipView?

--Rob

Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:21 AM
  • Thanks for taking the time to respond. I am new to programming in general, i’m learning so please excuse my lack of knowledge in this matter.

What i’m trying to do is have few pictures in flipview and each picture to have its own clickable zones to trigger a event. To accomplish this i have added  few shapes on the picture and put their opacity to 0  now i can add click event to the shape. so this is done ok on the caveboy as i can see but how to work on the cave girl to side as its not showing up is there a way to display picture on the frame to the side.

i came up with a work around last night  by first adding my shapes to the first image and removing the xmal code and pasting on word doc. the next pic will be displayed on the main frame and i can work on it…. it was tedious but i got it done. now problem is these shapes are staying in their location and if i set the grid size of the pictures to Width="1360" Height="762" default value then it works but when i run the app in windows local machine with monitor at 1920*1080 the picture is expanding and the shapes are remaining in their original place and no longer in their intended place. so how can i get around this should i keep the pictures static at default value or is there a better way of getting this done.

I hope this makes little bit more sense. Thank you.

• Edited by Magusdoc Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:08 PM
    Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:00 PM
  • hi magusdoc,

try creating test.xaml for each caveboy and cavegirl so (2 xaml 2 flipview do your designing in blend) and merge then in mainpage.xaml

or comment the cave boy flipview.item so now cavegirl will become first so edit it then after completing all designing works uncomment cave boy

this is wat i do 

• Marked as answer by Magusdoc Monday, September 30, 2013 1:20 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 5:14 AM
  • Commenting should work brilliantly, great tip thanks.  

Any suggestion on my second problem. 

Monday, September 30, 2013 7:58 AM
  • hi magusdoc,

dont set height and width manually try these

<Grid x:Name="topapp">
                    <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="50*" />
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="50*" />
                    </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

or

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="*" />
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="*" />

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
                        <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />

then try

<Image Source="Assets/fliphome/nature-photo5.jpg" Stretch="Fill" VerticalAlignment="Center"/>

post sample code i try and post u code back 

if it solved ur issue then mark as answer

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hi Prasana thanks for the code sample i played with it a little couldn't get the results i wanted maybe i'm doing it wrong. but any case my problem is solved by placing the item in a viewbox. It all works now good call on working things out in blend now i can place more precise paths. Thanks 
    Monday, September 30, 2013 1:19 PM