none
[Solved]Forms not rendering in new environment with IE RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    I installed a new 3-Tier environment and a developer's environment (SharePoint 2013 Enterprise / Windows Server 2012), everything went fine and all the services are working correctly, but I cannot see any forms (ex : default workflow association form) with Internet Explorer(tried with 10 and 11).

    Those forms work perfectly fine in Chrome or Firefox, but in Internet Explorer, I get the error :

    SEC7113: css was ignored due to mime type mismatch

    on the item FormResource.aspx

    I have never had this error on other environments, before.. I tried looking into the IIS mime types, tried looking into it with Fiddler, but couldn't find anything helpful.

    I tried accessing another SP Farm outside of the Intranet and could access those forms with IE, so I'm guessing it is not a problem with IE's configuration but more a server-side problem.

    Has anyone ever have this problem, or does anyone have an idea to how I could solve it ?

    Thanx,

    Antonin


    • Edited by AntoninLino Friday, September 19, 2014 7:23 AM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:18 AM

Answers

  • Hello everyone, 

    In case somebody stumbles upon the same problem as me, we have managed to resolve it, the problem was : 

    The URL of the server's domain contained an underscore ex : (http://cont_oso/) by changing it to a hypen ex : (http://cont-oso/) the problem was solved ! (also needed to change the name in the bindings)

    Apparently IE does not support cookies coming from a url containing an underscore...

    Thank you all for your help,

    Antonin

    • Marked as answer by AntoninLino Friday, September 19, 2014 7:23 AM
    Friday, September 19, 2014 7:23 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Are you trying to access the forms from a different machine or from the server itself? It doesn't sound like a local loopback problem but thought I would ask anyway...

    Regards,

    Gavin McKay

    Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:52 PM
  • Hello Gavin,

    Thank you for your reply, I tried both, accessing the forms from a different machine or from the server, in both cases I get the same error...

    Still stuck on this, if you have any other ideas...

    Thanks,

    Antonin

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi Anton,

    I believe you are on the right track with MIME TYPES.  With Fiddler you will be able to see the header and the offending header.

    I assume you are using IE 10 or 11, put the browser into Compatible mode and check if you still have the issue?  This will tell you if you are right on the mime types.

    From: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ie/hh180764(v=vs.85).aspx

    "

    SEC7113

    "CSS was ignored due to mime type mismatch"

    An imported style sheet was not used due to the wrong MIME type in the HTTP header.

    Ensure style sheet file is delivered with the proper HTTP response header, which includes a content type of text\css. See MIME-Handling Changes in Internet Explorer for more information.

    "


    • Edited by paulb32 Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:49 AM Didn't read the qu fully
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Hi Paul,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I have already looked into the headers with Fiddler but couldn't find anything useful, or at least to my knowledge...

    And have tried all the compatibility modes possible with no success.

    I don't know what else I could do. For me it must be a problem with the Windows 2012 Server settings (IIS ?) as I have the same problem in both environments and I tried using the same navigator on a 365Sharepoint farm and the Forms where correctly displayed.

    Thanks for your help,

    Antonin

    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:33 PM
  • Hi Antonin,

    find a feature in the site collection which is called minimal download, disable that and try from IE

    Let me know if this is helpful

    Kind Regards,

    John


    Kind Regards, John Naguib Technical Consultant/Architect MCITP, MCPD, MCTS, MCT, TOGAF 9 Foundation

    • Proposed as answer by John NaguibMVP Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:38 PM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:38 PM
  • Hi John,

    Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately, this feature was already disabled.

    I guess it is something else :)

    Does anyone know what I could try on Windows Server's side to solve this problem ?

    Thanks,

    Antonin

    Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:39 AM
  • Hello everyone, 

    In case somebody stumbles upon the same problem as me, we have managed to resolve it, the problem was : 

    The URL of the server's domain contained an underscore ex : (http://cont_oso/) by changing it to a hypen ex : (http://cont-oso/) the problem was solved ! (also needed to change the name in the bindings)

    Apparently IE does not support cookies coming from a url containing an underscore...

    Thank you all for your help,

    Antonin

    • Marked as answer by AntoninLino Friday, September 19, 2014 7:23 AM
    Friday, September 19, 2014 7:23 AM
  • In my case, the library where CSS hosted had unique permission than the site and after making this modification, it worked. 

    Tesfaye

    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:38 PM