I have never done ASP, and trying begin now? RRS feed

• Question

• User2005733669 posted

hi friends,

im a C# windows applications developer and have never done ASP or web applications before (have done some CGI scripting about 5 years ago on Linux C++ platform but now have completely forgotten that as well.)  So it seems like the market demands more on ASP. So i though that i should adopts ASP skills gradually. BUt the technology is moving lighting fast, not aonly i ave to learn CSS, Javascript to begin with but also i have get familar with ASP MVC. Now i could get book to start ASP. But Should i begin with Traditional ASP .NET programming or should i start off with ASP MVC?

it seems like ahell of alot to do before i grant the same status for ASP that i have with windows applications!

cheers

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:19 AM

Answers

• User541108374 posted

Hi,

before you make a decision I suggest you take a look at this video: http://www.asp.net/general/videos/choosing-the-right-programming-model. Both programming models have their pros and cons. If you're used to drag & drop development in windows forms the closest to it is regular ASP.NET webforms which has a rich set of controls available to you.

Grz, Kris.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 22, 2010 3:21 AM