none
64 bit ODBC driver(access database engine 2010)don't have *.accdb RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7(64 bit) and Office 2010(64 bit). I need to use a Driver called Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb,*.accdb) (MS Access) ODBC driver which i could not use in my computer now.I have installed the "AccessDatabaseEngine 2010_x64.exe" but still cant fix the problem.

Before I reinstall the office 2010 into 64-bit,I was using the 32-bit office 2010,but i found out that my java program does not work ( The program tested should can work because I run it before at another 32-bit computer).The Odbcad32.exe is returning “The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application”. So I need a 32 bit ODBC *.accdb driver for my application.

My problem:

When I open c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcsys32.exe and try to ADD a new dsn there is only a *.mdb driver available for MS Access. Does anyone know how to add a 32 bit MS Access *.accdb driver to c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcsys32.exe? Maybe I missed something obvious but this is giving me headache after browsing through the Internet for a solution. 

Please someone help me for an solution,cause it is kind of urgent..

Thanks

Monday, March 26, 2012 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi RedFD,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You are able to go to control panel -> administrative tools --> select data sources(ODBC) --> then right click on that file --> go to properties --> in the shortcut tab -> set the path "%windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe" and make your connexion the driver for Ms Access will work fine now.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:14 AM

All replies

• This is the DataSource(odbc) screenshot

There is no "Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb,*.accdb)" there,only "Microsoft Access Driver(*.mdb)" was there.

Monday, March 26, 2012 2:41 PM
  • Hi RedFD,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

You are able to go to control panel -> administrative tools --> select data sources(ODBC) --> then right click on that file --> go to properties --> in the shortcut tab -> set the path "%windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe" and make your connexion the driver for Ms Access will work fine now.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:14 AM
  • Hi RedFD, Tom Xu

Also you have to one thing in windows 7 system to run vb 2005.

you have to change the configuration settings cpu type to anycpu to X86 type.

else it tells an compatibility error.

to change this goto->build->configuration manager -> then change active solution platform to X86 from anycpu. by giving new.

enjoy

Prabaharan.D

• Proposed as answer by Prabaharan.D Monday, June 18, 2012 4:53 AM
    Monday, June 18, 2012 4:52 AM