none
Document Library "Open with Windows Explorer" is not working in IE 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Trying to open document library using "Open with Windows Explorer" option (from "Actions" Menu of Document Library) in IE 8 browser. Computer has Windows Server 2008 OS. It is continuously prompting for credentials 3-4 times and not opening any explorer window.
    Checked in some forums, they say to make sure the WebClient service is running on the computer. I don't know, how far it is related. But, I verified the "WebClient" service is also running. The same Share Point site accessing on Windows XP machines with IE 8 is also not working. It also prompting for user name/password, but not authenticating. If you cancel the login window. I am seeing explorer window opening in some of the computers but unable to copy paste any file / drag drop. It gives me error saying "An error occurred copying some or all of the selected files "

If I access the same site in my computer, it works perfectly fine. Not even asking for credentials. I have windows server 2003 and IE 7 on my computer.  I think, this is problem with IE8, WS 2008 configuration issue. I haven't verified this on WinXP with IE 7 computer. I don't have the same setup computer.

I would appreciate your reply!

Thanks,
    -Raja Bandla
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:11 PM

All replies