Excel user defined function nslookup MX records RRS feed

• Question

• I found a great script that I could implement in Excel, and allows me to enter a hostname or IP-address and it will make an nslookup and return the A record of the domain/IP: http://jayteknews.blogspot.cz/2011/08/excel-user-defined-function-nslookup.html?showComment=1425071909216#c91333604348374641

I tried to change the script, so that it will return the MX entries of the domain/IP address, but I failed. Could anybody help me with that? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hello,

This forum is for VB.NET which can include working with Excel but not with scripts. There is a Excel for Developer forum which I can move your question into this forum if you would like me to do so.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This forum is for VB.NET which can include working with Excel but not with scripts. There is a Excel for Developer forum which I can move your question into this forum if you would like me to do so.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

That would be very helpful! Please also leave the link to it, because I could not find said forum.

Thank you very much.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 4:08 PM
  • Hello,

You will have the link once moved.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 5:54 PM
  • Ok, thank you.

Of course, I will mark it as answered, as soon as I have the solution.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 6:01 PM
  • Ok, thank you.

Of course, I will mark it as answered, as soon as I have the solution.

You must be looking at my signature.

Sunday, March 1, 2015 7:37 PM
  • My question is still unanswered though. I hope someone will help me with the content of my question..

Monday, March 2, 2015 9:22 AM