none
Can't select the desired vm size RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

So I have no idea where to post this thread, but I'm using the free 100 dollar edu mail credit from microsoft azure.
    And I'm trying to create an NV6_promo machine, but somehow I can't select it, but my friends can (they also only have 100 dollar edu mail credit).
    Although I can select an NC6_promo machine, but I need the NV6_promo.

Could you please help me out?

-AtlantisVuzu

Monday, April 27, 2020 9:42 AM

All replies

• When you create a new VM you are presented with a Wizard, one of the steps of this wizard is to select the VM size.

However, Microsoft have stated that due to the current heavy demand in many regions (due to the Covid-19 crisis) that free accounts will not be given resources. This may be why you cannot see these sizes.
    Monday, April 27, 2020 11:00 AM
  • Hello,

As a result of the surge in use over the last few weeks, we have experienced significant demand in some regions (Europe North, Europe West, UK South, France Central, Asia East, India South, Brazil South) and are observing deployments for some compute resource types in these regions drop below our typical 99.99 percent success rates.

Although the majority of deployments still succeed, (so we encourage any customers experiencing allocation failures to retry deployments using different VM size/regions), we have a process in place to ensure that customers that encounter repeated issues receive relevant mitigation options. We treat these short-term allocation shortfalls as a service incident and we send targeted updates and mitigation guidance to impacted customers via Azure Service Health—as per our standard process for any known platform issues.

Please refer to this blog for recent update and check Service health on Azure Portal to see information if you are impacted by it.

Thanks.

Monday, April 27, 2020 11:37 AM