Set limit the number of Grid in Windows 8 Grid App using javascript RRS feed

• Question

• How do I limit the number of grid when it appear in grouped items?

#Actually I use javascript and Html5 to develop my apps, and I use JSON to parse and get the data.

I Appreciate your help guys..

Thanks Before..

Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Jeff,

No there is not a configuration setting for this.  You can create a datasource just for the gridview that only has a limited number of items in it as a solution.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Syukur,

I am not positive that I understand your question.  Can you provide more information or a picture of what you are trying to accomplish?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, October 15, 2012 4:09 PM
  • I think he wants something like this, and I am also interested in how to do this effectively:

These items are added to a listview with grid layout and are set up to be grouped.

Group A has 5 items
    Group B has 10 items
    Group C has 2 items

Say you want to set the max number of items to show for groups to be 4.  So the resulting display is:

Group A shows 4 items
    Group B shows 4 items
    Group C shows 2 items

I am aware that you can just modify the data list, but is there a configuration setting in gridview or listview that can limit how many are displayed in each grouping without modifying the list?

-Jeff

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:12 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

No there is not a configuration setting for this.  You can create a datasource just for the gridview that only has a limited number of items in it as a solution.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, October 15, 2012 6:21 PM