none
How to Learn Storage Container Blob's Attached Virtual Machine Name

Question

• Hello,

I have a few storage accounts. Each account has one or more container(s). Also each container has one or more blob type record(s).

How can I learn blob's attached virtual machine name. Blob record's properties does not show it.

otaskiran

Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

You can also look at the Azure VM dashboard what disks are attached and their location.

If you hover the VHD URL, you'll get also a copy button. Hope this helps.

Regards.

| Branko Vucinec | MCSE, MCSA, MCPS

Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:46 AM
  • Your answer only says about vhd url.

I dont need to learn url.

I need to learn that which VM is using that disk.

otaskiran

Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:50 AM
  • You can learn which disks/storage is used by a VM with reading the URL.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:54 AM
  • What is the .status files 463 Bytes?

otaskiran

Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:05 AM
  • The .status files contains information of an Azure VM, but I notice that those always stays behind even after deleting an Azure VM.

{"version":"1.0","timestampUTC":"2015-07-16T09:20:44Z","aggregateStatus":{"guestAgentStatus":{"version":"2.5.1198.702","status":"Ready","formattedMessage":{"lang":"en-US","message":"GuestAgent is running and accepting new configurations."}},"handlerAggregateStatus":[{"handlerName":"Microsoft.Azure.RecoveryServices.VMSnapshot","handlerVersion":"1.0.5.0","status":"Ready","runtimeSettingsStatus":{"sequenceNumber":"143","settingsStatus":{"timestampUTC":"2015-07-16T08:37:24Z","status":{"name":"IaaSBcdrExtension","operation":"Plugin Enable","configurationAppliedTime":"0001-01-01T00:00:00Z","status":"success","code":3,"formattedMessage":{"lang":"en-US","message":"Plugin enable succeeded"}}}}},{"handlerName":"Microsoft.Compute.BGInfo","handlerVersion":"1.1","status":"Ready","formattedMessage":{"lang":"en-US","message":"Plugin enabled (name: Microsoft.Compute.BGInfo, version: 1.1)."}}]}}

It also holds information about what extensions are installed on the VM.

"If I see a storage account with no files, or storage account with only a ‘vhd’ container with couple of .status files only, then they are good to be delete." - taken from: Cleaning up Azure Storage Accounts

Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:31 AM