Sql server 2014 Enterprise not getting installed while creating VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am trying to create a new Virtual machine with sql server 2014 Enterprise Edition . I have followed the below steps

New -> virtual machine -> Custom create -> selected SQL 2014 Enterpsrise Image(WINDOWS SERVER R2) ->Filled Vm name-> Cloud service it should reside -> Username and password and then created

When i logged into the Virtual machine i couldn't able to see the SQL server 2014 instance . Only the SQL server installaation media for SQL server 2008 only exists. I have 0 CREDITS IN MY ACCOUNT(as shown at the top with more than 15 days remaining) . I don't know what was the mistake.Could you please share some solution

~Selva

Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I came to know the real scenario behind the scenes from one article. Once the SQL Server Virtual machine was created which means in running state it will take some time to configure some other processes such as windows updates , sql configuration and some more.. So i waited for some time once the virtual machine was created and then i can able to find all the SQL 2014 related configuration including SQL server management studio  2014.

Thanks for your support.

~Selva

• Marked as answer by Susie Long Friday, November 21, 2014 7:22 AM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting !

I am currently researching to gather more information which might take some time and hence will get back to you shortly.

Appreciate your time and patience.

Regards,

Sowmya
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

I also created a VM using the SQL 2014 Enterprise image and the scenario is as below:

It seems that I got the same result as yours. 

Best regards,

Susie

• Edited by Susie Long Friday, November 21, 2014 7:22 AM
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

I came to know the real scenario behind the scenes from one article. Once the SQL Server Virtual machine was created which means in running state it will take some time to configure some other processes such as windows updates , sql configuration and some more.. So i waited for some time once the virtual machine was created and then i can able to find all the SQL 2014 related configuration including SQL server management studio  2014.

Thanks for your support.

~Selva

• Marked as answer by Susie Long Friday, November 21, 2014 7:22 AM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 7:10 AM
  • Hi Selva,

That is it. Thanks for sharing and it would be helpful to anyone who has  similar question.

Best regards,

Susie

Friday, November 21, 2014 7:26 AM