none
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {XXXX} failed due to the following error: 80040005 RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the below mentioned error when my web service tries to open MS word document pragmatically through my .net web service. When I run web service through visual studio, it works fine but when I deploy web service on IIS 7, I get the error,

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID 
    {000209FF-0000-0000C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80070005
    Access is Denied
    at the following line.
    Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Application oWordApp = new Microsoft.Office.Interop. Word.Application();
    Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Document oWordDoc = new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Document();

I have the code in server side. It has to open the word document template and find and replace some values and save as with different name. If I execute the code through Visual Studio it works fine. After publishing to the server Im getting the above error.

Im using 64-Bit system and Office 2007.

Note: I have provided the necessary permissions for the word document in dcom.

Can any 1 help me to resolve this problem.

Regards,

Yathish

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:16 AM

Answers

All replies