none
Math Problems Solving Application (Desktop) Using C# RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everyone. In our university we have to submit a term project in C#. For that I am thinking about an app which can solve math problems like Integration, derivation, limits , matrices and some other things like these. Now I am good at maths and I can solve these problems but the problem is that I'm not sure that this can be done effectively in C#. So I need Suggestions for you guys that it is a good decision and worth it. Please I need your contribution. And also that what kind of this can be like editor.      
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 1:38 PM

All replies

• Hello everyone. In our university we have to submit a term project in C#. For that I am thinking about an app which can solve math problems like Integration, derivation, limits , matrices and some other things like these. Now I am good at maths and I can solve these problems but the problem is that I'm not sure that this can be done effectively in C#. So I need Suggestions for you guys that it is a good decision and worth it. Please I need your contribution. And also that what kind of this can be like editor.      

Hi,

in my Opinion this is a "heavy" task, except you want to use a math-library. To write all that your own will be a lot of work, even, if you just want to solve the problems numerically. If you want to solve symbolically, it will be even harder. Just look at the package sizes for eg. the free Maxima or the free Scilab (which for both is afaik > 120 MB) [Maxima can solve numerically and symbolically (!)]

http://www.scilab.org/

http://maxima.sourceforge.net/

If you want to write it your own, maybe start with matrices, since these (the basic) operations are quite easy to code (as long as you dont want to include operations of/in vectorspaces with [matrices containing] "dual space living" maps (linear functionals).

But the best start for that would be - IMHO - a lot of research, how other people structured their code for math libraries etc.

Regards,

Thorsten

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 3:42 PM
  • Thank you for your suggestion. I will follow it.

Saturday, November 19, 2016 7:22 AM