Previously purchased Durable IAP Issue RRS feed

• Question

• The simple fact is, the API used to get ANID2 returns a different value.  It's nothing at all specific to IAP.

The burning question is, how is this even possible?  How can my phone, which is not supposed to be contacting MS servers unless I want it to, changing the value of what is retuned by the get ANID2 API?  This is too much nanny sitting, MS.  Way too much.

Monday, September 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Answers

• Midnight 25th and it's back to the way it was last Saturday - "fixed".

However,  for those that got onboard between then and now -- now they have the same problem.

• Marked as answer by spymaster2 Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:03 AM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:03 AM

All replies

• What came to my mind was that if this is related somehow to some certificate that timed out and was renewed, a certificate somehow used to generate the ANID2....
    Monday, September 22, 2014 11:43 PM
  • This is not the first time.  It's not even the longest (yet, only the fourth day).  Last year all my self-made v7 apps on MY v7 phone stopped working.  For three weeks.  This ANID2 problem has happened before, several times on 8.1, too, but could be 'fixed' by re-entering the so-called Microsoft account ID.  Don't miss the point.  It's my phone.  If Ms insists on playing nanny, it needs to find nannies who know how not to screw up, and take everyone else down with them when they do.  And if you have been paying attention, you know Ms has been doing this way too often.
    • Edited by spymaster2 Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:35 AM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:35 AM
  • Whatever the cause may be, this is a horrible situation.

In reviews I'm now being called a fraud, my app is called a scam, and so on.

No wonder everyone goes Apple...

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Why isn't this a sticky anymore?

You grouped, and closed the large thread about this issue and relinked to this "sticky" with pretty much the same amount of information and now it is not even a sticky.

This is the equivalent of Fukushima for the ecosystem and there is no single sign of concern about Microsoft (or even WPCentral).

Denial is not the best solution.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:38 PM
  • It was splitted to two. Sticky can be found from here. I hope they will give some estimate of the fix or even tell that they will get back the old anid2 values. We have too many missing accounts otherwise in our hands.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:46 PM
  • This is sooo Microsoft! At every event they talk about how they now have learned to listen to the users and the developers and comunicate with them in a responsive way...

And now what? This must be a SUPER-mistake from MS and all they tell (after a few Days) are that they are aware of it and working on it).

It will be VERY intresting to see what their solution will be and how they will communicate it.

Continue like this and "One Windows" will soon be "Zero Windows". Get back on track MS!!

Andreas

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:25 AM
  • "** We have identified the issue and are in the process of rolling it out to production. ETA is 9/24 in the PM or 9/25 in the AM at the latest. "

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/c7543933-39c2-4e39-85bf-4c9f0d35d436/previously-purchased-durable-iap-issue-update-924?forum=wpsubmit

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:54 PM
  • Midnight 25th and it's back to the way it was last Saturday - "fixed".

However,  for those that got onboard between then and now -- now they have the same problem.

• Marked as answer by spymaster2 Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:03 AM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:03 AM
  • Indeed, the fix now causes that all those users, who (re-)purchased or restored the IAP during the last couple of days, have to purchase it AGAIN!!!

Ah, I'm pulling my hairs out!!! Again loads of negative reviews, e-mails, getting called a fraud, etc.

We want some explanation now:
    - what happened?
    - how could it happen?
    - why did it take you 4 days before it was fixed?
    - why was it fixed in such a manner that recent buyers (or users who restored their previous purchase) now have to purchase their IAP again?
    - when and how are you going to communicate to the users, who are now bashing us while the problems are not our fault but yours?
    - and last but not least: how will we be compensated?!?

• Edited by OABsoftware Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:22 AM
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:57 AM
  • How is this update/fix being rolled out? I paid for the premium version on 9/14 and I'm still seeing ads even though the fix was supposedly done over 4 hours ago! Will I be prompted to update Black via the MSFT app store or how can I access the bug fix?
    Friday, September 26, 2014 10:33 PM
  • We still have users reporting the issue as of today (2014-09-27).  We are anxiously looking forward to the final reliable solution to the problem.

Hong

Saturday, September 27, 2014 12:31 PM
  • End user here - 9/27 and after seven days I am still being asked to purchase despite the claim in this post: Previously purchased Durable IAP Issue ** Update 9/26**   I've also lost data (was instructed to re-install apps to solve this issue - which deleted data that I couldn't upload without IAP) in this debacle where there has been zero communication to the user community from the entity which created, controls and can solve the problem. A flipping incorrect post to a Dev Forum is about all I can find.  I do not blame devs one bit!  
    Saturday, September 27, 2014 2:05 PM
  • Hello Grafis.

You're absolutely right.
    I send the questions in my post in this thread (September 25, 2014 5:22 AM) also in an e-mail to Microsoft Support.
    Guess what they answered: "the questions you are asking we do not have the answer to" (literal quote).

A staggering reflection of how Microsoft truely values its customers and developers...

• Edited by OABsoftware Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:15 PM
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:11 PM
  • yes, customer is still telling that earlier (months ago) purchased durable in-app item is not visible at poduct. Issue come visible when he updated form 8.0 to 81. Same time other customer is telling that just purchased in-app item is not coming to hes product.
    Monday, September 29, 2014 7:14 AM
  • I'm still getting users telling me this is a problem.  Many in the last 48 hours (27th/28th).  This still has not been resolved.

Monday, September 29, 2014 8:14 AM