ADF cannot connect to the storage account with vnet configuration. RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hello DMIM and thank you for your inquiry.  Thank you even more for checking and referencing other threads.  Thank you even more for your concise, explicit explanation of your difficulty.  I will check internally on the status of the feature mentioned in the referenced thread, and/or seek other solutions.  Thank you for your patience.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:08 PM
  • Hi DMOM.  I followed up with the person in the first link.  Her response was "Currently we don’t support mapping data flow in VNet scenarios".

However I will not stop trying to help you.

I have been thinking of work-arounds.  You probably do not like the idea, of opening your firewall to the full range of addresses used by the Data Factory runtime pool.  So I came up with something else.  Create a 'staging' storage account outside the vnet.  Have your pipeline copy the data you desire to run Data Flow on, from your vnet storage to the 'staging' storage.  Because the 'staging' storage is not behind the vnet, it should be accessible by the default Integration Runtime, and thus be elligible for Data Flow.  Once your Data Flow is complete, you can move the results back to your vnet storage, and empty out the 'staging' storage.

I know this isn't ideal, but I do not have high hopes of a better answer at this time.

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:01 PM
  • Hi MartinJaffer-MSFT, 

Thank you for your attempt to  help.  
    Unfortunately I'm restricted by policy to use  storage account with vnet configured.

Just  assumptions (i understand it's not the easy thing): 
    1. ADW is able to connect to storage account with vnet under managed identity. 
    2 . Seems like  azure databricks is able to connect to  storage account  with vnet. 
    As far as I can see Azure IR is also based on  azure databricks.
        - Probably Azure IR can be configured similar way?  
        - Is there any plan to allow run  data flow on dedicated azure data bricks cluster?  

Monday, July 22, 2019 1:42 PM
  • In regards to " Is there any plan to allow run  data flow on dedicated azure data bricks cluster?"

VNet support is planed, but no ETA yet.

Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:23 PM