none
Report Viewer Redristributable Control 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vs2008 .NET 3.5SP1 Installed with SQL 2008 R2.

I thought to give it a try for Report Viewer Redristributable 2010.

I installed it succefully.

Open VS2008 Created a new Win Form Project i tried to add the new control.

But i couldnt find it.

Does Report Viewer Control 2010 Require VS2010?

kutabale
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:57 PM

All replies

• The ReportViewer redstributable only installs the runtime components for the control it does not install any of the designer assemblies. If you want to get the full designer support for the control you will need to install VS2010. However since the VS2010 control works with .NET 3.5. SP1 you can manually update your references to the 10.0 version of the control and it will use the new control at runtime.

Matt M 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:18 PM
  • I have a winform application created in VS C# Express 2008 where I use the 2008 reportviewer in local mode.

I installed the report viewer 2010 add replaced the references to microsoft.reportviewer.common and microsoft.reportviewer.winform with references to the 2010 dlls. To do this I had to copy the dlls from the assembly directory to another directory via the command line (Windows Explorer does not allow to copy from C:/windows/assembly..).

Now I have the reportviewer 2010 in my appliaction with the feature "Export to word" and it works with Framework 2.0. The Word format is the old binary format. Maybe that´s the reason that Framework 3.5 is not needed.

Sunday, April 18, 2010 8:07 AM