none
[SQL Reporting Service] Deploy sql reporting service to another Project server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I install sharepoint server 2010 & project server 2010 and create a pwa site.

I create a sql reporting service in my server and test successfully. I deploy it to pwa site by way: "- create a document library in pwa site - from this document library , add new item, browse to a *.rdl file and choose it - then, show report successfully".

And I use this way to deploy to another server. I see error when I test it. Although, I change the connection string correctly. That is "Error. The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized."

Do you have some opinions?

I wish I would see your response soon.

Thanks and Regards,

An Pham

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:52 PM

All replies

• Hey there.

As i understand the deployment to another server is successful - whan the report builder says if to open and run the problem report in it?

PS. I use Export-SPWeb - Import-SPWeb for the library (and in some cases for the entire BI site) + some other operations while moving the reports between environments, but it seems that this way will not help you with the error

Sergey Vdovin

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Hi Sergey,

To deploy to another pwa site (in another server), I use the way which is mentioned. This is:

- Change connection string: edit *.rdl file to change connection string to match reporting database.

- In the pwa site which I want to deploy my report, I Create a document library

- And I upload the report to the document library

Is it possible?

Thursday, September 6, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

I would look at using something like Report Builder and see if you can get your report to connect to the server. Are you 100% the permissions on the new reporting db are correct?

I tend to use Data Connections in Report Server instead of embedding the connection strings in the RDL itself. That way you can move the report between environments without issue and simply have to repoint it at a different data connection via the GUI instead of editing the report itself.

Let us know how you go

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:49 AM
  • Hi Alex,

I login on pwa site with user which full control (equivalent to system account) to upload report.

Is it possible to use connection string?

Hope to see your opinion soon! ^^

Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Hi there--

You can see the data source of a report. Navigate to Report> Open menu (small arrow on report)> Manage Data sources & set the data source or create your customized datasource.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Thursday, September 6, 2012 9:58 AM