some discoveries regarding emulators and browsers RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

I have been frustrated with the lack of emulators coming with WebMatrix until today. Someone pointed me to a Chrome and the web developer tools.

Note that smartphone icon in between the looking glass and the Elements / Network / Sources tabs?

Click that and now up on top you can select the device you would like to render your page for. Brilliant!

Just checked Firefox, and they have something similar, but not nearly as useful. In Firefox you need to know the screen size of the device you would like to render for.

While at the Firefox site, I got a pop-up from Mozilla for the Firefox for Developers browser.

Is there anything else you have not told me?

Saturday, February 14, 2015 9:21 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi wavemaster,

Thanks for your feedback in asp.net forum.

Generally I use Internet Explorer’s F12 Developer Tools to troubleshoot.

In Visual Studio, DOM Explorer and JavaScript Console are two new tool windows, similar to those found in Internet Explorer’s F12 Developer Tools, accessible through Debug -> Windows menu. These windows allow you to work with a running app and try out modifications to styles, the DOM, or code against the running app through the console. In addition, you could make use of the JavaScript APIs for console.log, to record specific events to the console, as you debug.

Hope it helps you.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 3:46 AM