none
Unable to create new CDN Endpoint from Windows Azure Web Role (/cdn folder)

Question

• Hi,

I am re-deploying an "old" Cloud Service Web Role that contains a folder named /cdn. Normally, I was able to create a new CDN Endpoint and have it pointing to this folder. I am no longer able to do that via the new and old portals.

Can someone (preferably from Microsoft) please explain me how can I create/reactive this CDN endpoint?

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:42 AM

Answers

• What do you mean when you say you are no longer able to create a CDN endpoint?  Are you getting an error message or some other behavior that is blocking you?

Sometime ago, I used to be able to create it. Yesterday, I wanted to... and the CDN option is gone from the new (and old) portal.

I already got an official reply from the Microsoft WA Support Team: 

"We’re in the process of building out our next generation Windows Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN) architecture, and during this time we are no longer accepting new CDN customers. <o:p></o:p>

With the CDN functionality having recently transitioned to the new Azure management portal, we have enabled it automatically only for customers who were using CDN in the old management portal, so they can continue to manage their CDN configurations. For everyone else, the CDN feature is not enabled in the new portal. <o:p></o:p>

We highly encourage you to wait until we’re ready building our next generation Azure CDN service."<o:p></o:p>

Suggestion: Perhaps it is a good idea to have a warning in the new Portal with this text, because at this moment there is no way of knowing it (via Portal).

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:21 AM

All replies

• What do you mean when you say you are no longer able to create a CDN endpoint?  Are you getting an error message or some other behavior that is blocking you?
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:57 PM

Sometime ago, I used to be able to create it. Yesterday, I wanted to... and the CDN option is gone from the new (and old) portal.

I already got an official reply from the Microsoft WA Support Team: 

"We’re in the process of building out our next generation Windows Azure Content Delivery Network (CDN) architecture, and during this time we are no longer accepting new CDN customers. <o:p></o:p>

With the CDN functionality having recently transitioned to the new Azure management portal, we have enabled it automatically only for customers who were using CDN in the old management portal, so they can continue to manage their CDN configurations. For everyone else, the CDN feature is not enabled in the new portal. <o:p></o:p>

We highly encourage you to wait until we’re ready building our next generation Azure CDN service."<o:p></o:p>

Suggestion: Perhaps it is a good idea to have a warning in the new Portal with this text, because at this moment there is no way of knowing it (via Portal).

Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:21 AM