how to get highest percentage of similar data between two files

Question

• Hi, i am developing an app using vs 2013 c# language for windows store .actually i have two notepad files and want to get highest percentage of similar data that is called to detect plagiairsm percentage between two files.but how can i do this.kindly guide me as soon as possible

Rabia (Microsoft Student Partner)

Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:42 PM

Answers

• You already asked this question, and we already said that there's not a plagiarism API. You should figure out an algorithm that suits your needs, or see if any studies have been published by college professors that might work for you. I'm not trying to discourage you from developing, but you're asking questions which you should be answering on your own as the development engineer.

Questions that are great for forums:

• I'm following the official sample code, but I keep getting a FileNotFound exception when I call a certain method. Why?
    • The SomeAPI.Functionname method is returning a string instead of an XML object as stated in the documentation.  Is this a bug?

Questions that aren't great for forums:

• I need sample code to reproduce how Bing indexes webpages
    • I want to write an application to monitor my blood pressure from a Bluetooth device, can you tell me how?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:27 PM