dtasp_PurgeTrackingDatabase silently fails RRS feed

• Question

• I ran archive and purge, and it failed on account of not enough space.

So I changed to  dtasp_PurgeTrackingDatabase as follows:

declare @dtLastBackup datetime set @dtLastBackup = GetUTCDate() exec dtasp_PurgeTrackingDatabase 1, 0, 120, @dtLastBackup

dtasp_PurgeTrackingDatabase won't run. No messages, no nothing. Schedule is set for every minute. I tried disabling/enabling the job. I tried re-writing the command line. It just silently fails.

Is there supposed to be some punctuation between "GetUTCDate()" and "exec"?

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi, 

Have your archive or back up happened successfully last time when your job failed because of low disk space. A successful archive is necessary in order to purge tracking data. If the archive was successful, then all the data associated with the instances that completed over an hour ago is purged. If not then please try to take the successful back up. The back up history is maintained in the adm_ tables in the BizTalk admin table. Your purge job will verify the last status of the back up and then run the purge. I would suggest to do it by right clicking the database and then say back up.

Best Regards, Vishnu
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:32 PM

All replies

• I'm doing all this through SQL Server Agent.

Now changed back to archive and purge:

exec dtasp_BackupAndPurgeTrackingDatabase 0, 10, 120, '\\server\fmabztTrackingArchive', null, 0

and now this command fails silently, too.

dta purge and archive jpb properties shows "Last executed" as several hours ago, when I got the not enough space error.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:00 PM
  • Which version of BizTalk are you on? What version of SQL Server?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, October 22, 2010 2:21 PM
  • Hi, 

Have your archive or back up happened successfully last time when your job failed because of low disk space. A successful archive is necessary in order to purge tracking data. If the archive was successful, then all the data associated with the instances that completed over an hour ago is purged. If not then please try to take the successful back up. The back up history is maintained in the adm_ tables in the BizTalk admin table. Your purge job will verify the last status of the back up and then run the purge. I would suggest to do it by right clicking the database and then say back up.

Best Regards, Vishnu
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:32 PM