Weird problem with Visual C++ 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a C++ project being compiled with Visual C++ 2012.

When I hit "build", it starts to compile but instead of displaying the usual output in the "build" window (listing all the .cpp files its compiling) all it says is "Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.". I am running the latest version of Visual Studio 2012 and I also run Visual Studio 2013 (latest version) on this box where compilation works just fine and displays the expected output. Also, it doesn't complete the compile and locks Visual Studio 2012 to the point where I have to force-close it.

No updates are listed under Microsoft Update for any of my software.

I have tried "rebuild all" with no luck. Restarted the computer. Even ran a repair install on vs2012 in case that helped but it didn't.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can get VS2012 to work again?

Saturday, December 20, 2014 9:04 AM

Answers

• After reading the Visual C++ log, I saw the error "SetSite failed for package [HDIProjectPackage]" listed. A Google suggested uninstalling the "Microsoft Azure HDInsight Tools for Visual Studio" which seems to have fixed vs2012, its compiling properly now.

• Proposed as answer by pvdg42 Sunday, December 21, 2014 7:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by jonwil Sunday, December 21, 2014 9:23 PM
    Saturday, December 20, 2014 9:18 AM

All replies

• After reading the Visual C++ log, I saw the error "SetSite failed for package [HDIProjectPackage]" listed. A Google suggested uninstalling the "Microsoft Azure HDInsight Tools for Visual Studio" which seems to have fixed vs2012, its compiling properly now.

• Proposed as answer by pvdg42 Sunday, December 21, 2014 7:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by jonwil Sunday, December 21, 2014 9:23 PM
    Saturday, December 20, 2014 9:18 AM
  • Thanks for sharing.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:28 AM