none
VBA to extract page views from one note RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Can we extract page views information from one note via VBA?

Page views is a functionality in one note which tracks the history of who all updated a specific page in one note. 

Please help

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Ritesh,

There is no such kind of object model provided by OneNote object model. The API exposed from OneNote is different than others. It is based on the file, we can get the XML about the page content and structure.

So that to get the history who update a specific page, we need to get the XML raw data about that page via Application.GetPageContent function. Then parse the each element via the lastModifiedTime property to track the changes.

Also here is a code sample for you get started developing with OneNote.

OneNote 2010: Output OneNote 2010 Page Content from VBA Sources

Please feel free to let me know if you still have the problem.

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:06 AM
  • Hello thanks for response,

Can you help me on how to get history of authors (who all have edited the document)using one note API?

Regards

Ritesh Umrane

Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:13 PM
  • Hi Ritesh,

Would you minding let me know what's the exact step block you so that we can help to fix this issue? 

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 29, 2018 1:19 AM