none
OpenXML Document Viewer for Developer Component RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sirs.

Please Make OpenXML Document Viewer for Developers. There is Word 2007/Excell 2007 Viewer as end user applicaion.
    But We developers need Word/Excel Viewer as Component. Without Offfice Installed Dependecy f client Machine.
    It will be very nice to have kind of components for WPF.

Thank you in Advance.

Irakli Lomidze
    Monday, December 14, 2009 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hello Irakli,

This topic is not very tight to Office OpenXML Format. :-) This forum intends to provide help for people who are in trouble when using OpenXML API or are interested in the OpenXML format.

As far as I know, currently we can use WebBrowser embedded in a WPF application and navigate to a document location. Usually we do this if the clients install the whole Office application. I haven't test against the machines only with Office Viewer. But maybe it could work.

You can find more informatio on this topic on Dr. WPF's blog,
    http://drwpf.com/blog/2007/08/24/hosting-office-in-a-wpf-application/

Hope this helps more or less!

Ji Zhou

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:15 AM
  • Hello

Reasion that i post this tipoc here is that we developers does not have proper OpenXML Viewers (Without Word/Word viewer Enduser Application Installed on clinet machine). 
    Not all our Customers have Word 2007 and we cant force them to update them. so We need Office dependency free Componetnt that allow use view OpenXML Files.

SO WORD AUTOMATION AND DSOFRAME IS NOT A SOLUTION. 

Irakli Lomidze
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 9:50 AM
  • Hello,

So this leads to the same concern we talked in another thread, right?
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/oxmlsdk/thread/38a82ed4-2692-4c13-a00c-39b7e8e899f5

If there is an OpenXML to HTML conversion tool or API, it will be good for the ISV to develop applications that present the documents to clients without Office installed. I will consult and research, and then report back if get results.

Ji Zhou

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:28 AM
  • Hello

This is not the actualy same think, DOCX -> HTML -> IE Previw is not a WYSIWYG Viewer and some times developers needs more.

Microsoft has Word 2007 Viewer as stand alone aplication with 24 mb size.
    We Developers will be very very glad to has is as standalone component not depended what version office do you have in machnine.

it is somthing that we need definitely.
    One Cenario DOCX->XPS and inclide XPS viewer in our application. it might be a solution, but Microsoft kills XPS,
    in XPS forums there is no reply for 6 month, there was no word about XPS in PDC,Tech-ed, also XPS removed from .NET 4 (WPF4)

So we need somthing that allow us to display DOCX WYSIWYG files and dont worry about office installed or office version on customers machine.

Thank you in Advnace.

Irakli Lomidze
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 9:36 PM
  • Hi Irakli Lomidze,

Thanks for your question.

I do not quite understand about what kind of component do you need. Could you please describe it in detail or use some examples?

Since Word/Excel/Powerpoint 2007 files are all stored in OpentXML format, you could view the structure and the xml content with Open XML SDK 2.0 Productivity Tool. You can download it from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C6E744E5-36E9-45F5-8D8C-331DF206E0D0&displaylang=en

If you need something to display DOCX WYSIWYG files and don't worry about office installed or office version on customers machine. I'm afraid Open XML SDK does not support this.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lu
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 9:55 AM