none
Suggestions for visual modeling of solution classes, interfaces and relationships across a VS 2008 solution RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello All,

I wanted to check for suggestions on how I can visualize the components (with interface/class details) and their relationships across the solution.

I reviewed Rosario and the new Logical Class Diagram looks like what I need but I wanted to check on what I can do for now.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bob Hanson

Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:42 PM

All replies

• I am assuming you already know about the "View Class Diagram" option from Project "right-click" option, which gives view of the classes and interface from project level, not solution level.  If you need solution level, you can use Visio right now to do the same and export it as "C#" code.  Or if you use Architect edition you could use Application Designer, Logical datacenter designer or Deployment designer to paint a full view of application and supplement individual project with class diagram...

{ Gaja; }

http://gajakannan.com/netarch.aspx

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know about the class designer currently in VS2005 and VS2008.

I wanted to use Visio which worked in VS2005 for component diagrams across the solution but it doesn't work for VS2008.

I am looking for viewing/modeling at the solution level across the multiple projects the interfaces and classes along with their relationships for an accurate view across the solution. The Application designer found in the architect edition, doesn't seem to provide this level of visual detail (from what I had seen).

I really need to have this visual model stay up to date without a lot of manual maintenance.

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated Smile

Bob Hanson

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:21 PM