how to get track details of a internet radio stream

Question

• Hi,

i am able to the play the audio successfully, but i am not able to get the track details. few people suggested to use "MarkerReached
    " event to get the details, in my case the event is not firing.

please help me on this.

thanks

Venkat.

Saturday, January 24, 2015 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi VenkatlsHere,

What kind of details you want to get? Let's see if we can use some other way to get them instead of MarkerReached.

However as I can see from the documentation MarkerReached event will only get TimelineMarker  object with something like Text, Time, Type. Anyway timeline marker is metadata associated with a particular point in a media file, without metadata we cannot get this event fire.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 26, 2015 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi VenkatlsHere,

What kind of details you want to get? Let's see if we can use some other way to get them instead of MarkerReached.

However as I can see from the documentation MarkerReached event will only get TimelineMarker  object with something like Text, Time, Type. Anyway timeline marker is metadata associated with a particular point in a media file, without metadata we cannot get this event fire.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, January 26, 2015 6:06 AM
  • Hi Jamles,

Thanks for reply. i am trying to play online radio. when i play the same source in windows media player or VLC player i am getting the details of what song is playing and who are the artists involved in it.

this is the link i am playing(as example)

http://96.30.32.42:8018

thanks for support.

Venkat.

Monday, January 26, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your information but I would like to know how you play the link you provided in the Windows Media Player. I would like to do a test for this. Besides, I would suggest you to use some network tools for monitoring when the song information come.

--James 

Friday, January 30, 2015 8:31 PM