Azure Data Lake Store Linked Service - Problem with Authorization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have encountered a problem with Azure Data Lake Store Linked Service in Azure Data Factory. It is a big part of the project I am working on. The Azure Data Lake Store Linked Service is needed to copy text file data from Data Lake Store to Azure SQL DB.

When I try to run the pipeline activity using the Data Lake Store Linked Service it fails and I get this error message:

[Credential operation error: The authentication token for your  linked service has expired. Please reauthorize the linked service and re-run the slice/activity window. For details about token expiration times, consult the following page: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=787120. Error Details:  - {"Fault":{"EventInfo":{"Code":20015,"Message":"{\"error\":\"invalid_grant\",\"error_description\":\"AADSTS70002: Error validating credentials. AADSTS70008: The refresh token has expired due to inactivity. The token was issued on 2016-12-22T11:02:20.5023599Z and was inactive for 14.00:00:00.\\r\\nTrace ID: 78758c18-e315-43e8-8cd6-c67c740f2ab6\\r\\nCorrelation ID: da5f5795-bfb2-4fa1-8abb-704a9a7d6a5f\\r\\nTimestamp: 2017-01-12 09:16:06Z\",\"error_codes\":[70002,70008],\"timestamp\":\"2017-01-12 09:16:06Z\",\"trace_id\":\"78758c18-e315-43e8-8cd6-c67c740f2ab6\",\"correlation_id\":\"da5f5795-bfb2-4fa1-8abb-704a9a7d6a5f\"}","EventType":0,"Category":9,"Data":{},"MsgId":null,"ExceptionType":null,"Source":null,"StackTrace":null,"InnerEventInfos":[]}},"ClassName":"Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.DataContracts.ExceptionHandling.ServiceFaultException","Message":null,"Data":null,"InnerException":null,"HelpURL":null,"StackTraceString":"   at Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.BusinessLogic.Extension.Cabo.CaboOAuthFlow.RefreshTokenInternal(OAuthSettings oauthSettings, String refreshToken)\r\n   at Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.BusinessLogic.Extension.Cabo.CaboOAuthFlow.RefreshTokens(OAuthTokens credential, OAuthSettings oauthSettings)\r\n   at Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.BusinessLogic.OAuthFlowLogic.RefreshToken(IRequestInfo requestInfo, String dataSourceReference, CredentialEntity credential, OAuthSettingsEntity oauthSettingsEntity)\r\n   at Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.WebRole.Controllers.OAuthFlowController.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<<RefreshTokens>b__1a>d__21.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.WebRole.Utils.PerfCounterUtils.<InvokeWrapper>d__0`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n   at Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.WebRole.Controllers.OAuthFlowController.<RefreshTokens>d__29.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__3`1.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()","RemoteStackTraceString":null,"RemoteStackIndex":0,"ExceptionMethod":"8\nRefreshTokenInternal\nMicrosoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.BusinessLogic, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35\nMicrosoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.BusinessLogic.Extension.Cabo.CaboOAuthFlow\nMicrosoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.BusinessLogic.Extension.Cabo.AuthConfig RefreshTokenInternal(Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.OAuth.OAuthSettings, System.String)","HResult":-2146233088,"Source":"Microsoft.DataTransfer.CredentialService.BusinessLogic","WatsonBuckets":null}]

I followed the link provided in the error message and reauthorized the linked service and redeployed it, however the pipeline activity is still failing with the same error code.

I have tried reauthorizing numerous times. In some instances it reauthorizes and allows me to deploy but the pipeline run fails, in other instances the reauthorisation of the linked service doesn’t work at all.

I tried creating a new Data Lake Store Linked Service, but that is also failing with the same error code when I run the pipeline.

I have previously experienced the authorization token expiring but all I had to do before was reauthorize and it worked. This appears to be a different problem because even a new Data Lake Store Linked Service doesn’t work.

Please can you help with this problem, it is urgent as my entire project relies on Data Factory.

Thank you,

Alicia

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:11 AM

All replies

• Alicia, I suggest you create a support ticket directly from the service in question, in the Azure portal. This will allow support staff to investigate your issue.
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:34 PM
  • Hi Alicia,

I fixed the issue using Service Principal and Secret instead of email authentication,
    But I have the same issue using Data Lake Analytics, are you using Analytics?

Thanks
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:28 AM