Transfer from MRDS2008 to MRDS2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Now our group is working on developing the CoroBot. Originally, the codes was developed by the MRDS2008 software, but now there is no available MRDS2008 to download, instead there is MRDS2008 R2.
    So is there anyone could give me a link to download MRDS2008 or help me to transfer the codes to be able to use with MRDS 2008 R2?

Thanks!
    Friday, September 18, 2009 8:55 PM

Answers

• As far as I remember, there were no breaking changes between 2008 and 2008 R2. So what you need to do with your source code is copy it over into your 2008 R2 installation and then run DssProjectMigration from a 2008 R2 DSS Command Prompt. DssProjectMigration will recurse down directory trees, so if you have all your code under a single folder, you can just tell it to migrate the folder and it will do all the sub-folders.

Trevor

• Marked as answer by Minglu86 Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:53 PM
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 1:37 AM

All replies

• As far as I remember, there were no breaking changes between 2008 and 2008 R2. So what you need to do with your source code is copy it over into your 2008 R2 installation and then run DssProjectMigration from a 2008 R2 DSS Command Prompt. DssProjectMigration will recurse down directory trees, so if you have all your code under a single folder, you can just tell it to migrate the folder and it will do all the sub-folders.

Trevor

• Marked as answer by Minglu86 Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:53 PM
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 1:37 AM

Trevor

Hi Trevor!

Thanks for your help!
    It is really helpful!
    But I still have a problem of the dssprojectmigration, could you help me to deal with it? 

I have already used the dssprojectmigration.exe before I build two solutions "Robot" and "CoroBotUI" and there was no error in "Robot.sln" but
    there were some errors in "CoroBotUI.sln" as follow:

Error    8    The type or namespace name 'CoroBotIKArm' does not exist in the namespace 'CoroWare.Robotics.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\code\MRDS2.0\OCU\CoroBotUI\
    CoroBotUI.cs    24    47    CoroBotUI

Error    9    The type or namespace name 'CoroBotArm' does not exist in the namespace 'CoroWare.Robotics.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\code\MRDS2.0\OCU\CoroBotUI\CoroBotUI.cs    25    45    CoroBotUI

Error    10    The type or namespace name 'CoroBotBattery' does not exist in the namespace 'CoroWare.Robotics.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\code\MRDS2.0\OCU\CoroBotUI\CoroBotUI.cs    26    46    CoroBotUI

Error    11    The type or namespace name 'CoroBotIR' does not exist in the namespace 'CoroWare.Robotics.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\code\MRDS2.0\OCU\CoroBotUI\CoroBotUI.cs    28    44    CoroBotUI

Error    12    The type or namespace name 'CoroBotGripperSensor' does not exist in the namespace 'CoroWare.Robotics.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\code\MRDS2.0\OCU\CoroBotUI\CoroBotUI.cs    29    51    CoroBotUI

Error    13    The type or namespace name 'CoroBotCamera' does not exist in the namespace 'CoroWare.Robotics.Services' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\code\MRDS2.0\OCU\CoroBotUI\CoroBotUI.cs    30    45    CoroBotUI

So what I can do to deal with these errors? do I need to put some reference into this project?

Minglu
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:13 PM
  • These errors look like some reference problems.  Make sure that the references for the other CoroBot assemblies are copy local = false, and specific version = false.  Also make sure that the assemblies exist (meaning compile the robot sln before the ocu sln) and are the right version (meaning that they are in the R2 bin directory). 
    I have compiled and run the CoroBot code on R2 just fine without these issues,  this page describes how: http://corobot.sourceforge.net/ .  In the future, maybe the SourceForge forums are a better place for your CoroBot questions: https://sourceforge.net/projects/corobot/forums .

And if you are from a university with a custom built CoroBot built by CoroWare, then the CoroWare forums may be more appropriate: http://support.coroware.com/forums/

www.coroware.com
    Monday, September 21, 2009 1:37 PM
  • Good response Ben. Thanks.

Trevor
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:43 AM