Want to host audio files on Azure, stream to HTML5 audio player on my website RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I just signed up for an account for Azure. I feel like I'm a bit in over my head here but I'd like to stick with Azure if I can. Anyway, my situation is fairly simple: I'm building a website for my music production business, so I need a place to host audio files. I'd like to point an HTML5 audio player to these files. I get the idea that OneDrive isn't suitable for this type of file access, which is why Azure came to mind. I'm stumbling my way around the Azure Portal and created a Storage thing but... I'm honestly just very lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Sunday, February 9, 2020 8:58 PM

All replies

• Even just a pointer or two would be great :)
    Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:10 PM
  • Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

In Azure Media Services, you upload your digital files to an asset. The asset can contain video, audio, images, thumbnail collections, text tracks, and closed caption files (and the metadata for these files). After the files are uploaded, your content is stored securely in the cloud for further processing and streaming.

For more information, you may refer to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/previous/media-services-portal-upload-files

You may also refer to the suggestion mentioned in this MSDN thread

I would recommend Azure Media Service is the best option in your scenario.

Azure Media Services. You don't need to create streaming endpoint and start live channel to playback your files. You need instruct system to generate playback url which will accesible for you during defined period of time and use this url in player.

To test if it is actually working simply go to http://aka.ms/azuremediaplayer and paste value of fileUri to Url input textbox.

Please refer to the suggestion mentioned in the Stack Over Flow thread, which gives you an idea on your query

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 3:19 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, February 24, 2020 7:19 PM
  • @Onager1286 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:09 AM
  • @Onager1286 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, March 2, 2020 9:16 AM