The App top header was hiding while opening the keyboard and it never came back to normal state after textbox lost focus!!!

Question

• Hi All,

In Windows 8.1 the default behavior of top header will be truncated while opening the keyboard, this will be happening when we have text boxes in middle of screen.

For our app its working fine but the top header never back to normal state after losing the keyboard or after disappearing the keyboard in tab.

Use to drag it manually in all times, please provide me to resolve this problem to maintain the screen position in dynamic way at keyboard appeared and disappeared states.

Thanks.

• Edited by Kabir siva Friday, May 8, 2015 7:24 AM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 7:22 AM

All replies

• You'll need to give a better description of the problem as it is happening, as well as provide source code so we can reproduce the problem.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, May 8, 2015 2:33 PM
  • Thanks for responding, I will try to describe the problem with more detail.

App Layout detail : We are having a text box in main form and the same page there will be a popup with few textboxes. This is XAML design and we have put all contents in Scroll viewer for the visual states.

Working flow :

Step 1 : The main form text box need some entries with touch key board.

Step2 : The popup fields need to be filled with touch keyboard.

Targeting Device : Windows Surface Pro 8.1

Issue description :

If user need to enter something on main form text box then touch keyboard will be available to enter the inputs. In this scenario the app header will not be scrolled up and no problem due to the textbox position. But in the popup fields has more then 4 textboxes and requires the screen should be scrolled up for the entries with touch key board.

After entering the all fields in popup, the main form position remain the same.But if users focuses on main form text box again the main form scrolled up as happened on popup fields entries. Actually the main form textbox position at header side but the app behaving the same scrolled up position whenever user came back from popup fields entries.

Solution applied : We used some vertical scroll offset positions to maintain the app layout, but it was not works.

I hope these details would be helpful to understand the problem,We will provide further details still some clarification needs.

Thanks

Monday, May 11, 2015 9:59 AM
  • Please provide a sample we can test.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:59 PM