No users management page in Lightswitch 2013 Web application on Azure RRS feed

• Question

• I've created simple Lightswitch 2013 Web application and deployed it to Azure Web site. Access control is set to forms authentication. During publish I'm able to set administrator. After publishing I'm able to login as administrator and use application.

But there is NO USER MANAGEMENT menu items or pages available (as described in numerous step-by-step manuals on Internet). All those manuals are talking about desktop application (not Web) and/or previous Lightswitch versions (not 2013). Also, I checked users data directly in SQL database - admin user is assigned to security administrators role.

Is there any way to get automatically generated users management pages in Lightswitch 2013 Web application deployed to Azure Web site? Or there is no such feature anymore and I have to create all that user management pages and logic by myself? management).

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:19 PM

Answers

• Is there any way to get automatically generated users management pages in Lightswitch 2013 Web application deployed to Azure Web site? Or there is no such feature anymore and I have to create all that user management pages and logic by myself? management).

There are no built-in user/group management pages in the HTML client. They never have existed for the HTML client, so "no such feature anymore" doesn't apply.

You have to either create a Silverlight client to get the built-in user/group management screens or have to build them yourself in the HTML client.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, November 1, 2013 11:15 AM
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 9:16 PM