none
editing or updating manifest of obfuscated source code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

our's is a client application so we have to obfuscate our source code, this we are doing by using third party tool(CODEWALL). and the application is a outlook ribbon which has been developed by using VSTO hence along with the dll's manifest file will also be generated. the problem is after obfuscation the dll metadata which is there in manifest is mismatching, so we are not able to install the VSTO after obfuscation as it is throwing the error, i have stuck up here without any progress, there are ways to update the manifest file for non obfuscated code but how do we do the same for obfuscated code. is there any other ways to generate a manifest file for obfuscated code? please help me out and give a suggestions to resolve this issue.

Hello Everyone,

i could able to update the manifest using mage in visual studio command prompt, i had referred this link http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsto/archive/2009/04/29/signing-and-re-signing-manifests-in-clickonce.aspx, thanks for all who had helped me so much

thanks in advance
    shilpa

shilpakrishna
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

our's is a client application so we have to obfuscate our source code, this we are doing by using third party tool(CODEWALL). and the application is a outlook ribbon which has been developed by using VSTO hence along with the dll's manifest file will also be generated. the problem is after obfuscation the dll metadata which is there in manifest is mismatching, so we are not able to install the VSTO after obfuscation as it is throwing the error, i have stuck up here without any progress, there are ways to update the manifest file for non obfuscated code but how do we do the same for obfuscated code. is there any other ways to generate a manifest file for obfuscated code? please help me out and give a suggestions to resolve this issue.

thanks in advance
    shilpa

shilpakrishna
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:54 AM
  • Hi Shilpakrishna,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I’m not very family with the obfuscate issue. I will involve some experts into this issue to help you. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Monday, November 28, 2011 2:10 AM
  • Hi Shilpa,

I'm sorry, but this is an issue that Microsoft will not be able to help you with. Since this issue is the result of a third-party product, I would suggest that you contact the makers of CodeWall for assistance.

Bill Jacob - Microsoft Customer Service & Support - Developer Messaging
    Monday, November 28, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Hi

but signing the manifest file using mage command is related to microsoft i believe, after signing manually in VS command prompt am not able to install the vsto. i completely believe some fishy with the dll's, whenever i try to install it says manifest file is not matching the existing identity for the dll's dunno whats going wrong, anyone could please help what i have to do further?

shilpakrishna
    Friday, December 9, 2011 1:13 PM