none
Hardware-based Raid System testing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a hardware-based RAID storage device that we are testing. When I connect the device, it presents to windows a SCSI disk--even though the disk is a RAID device managed by hardware. I saw the SCSI disk appear as something that could be tested from the Windows Hardware certification kit. I do not see any other options made available by the kit.

I wanted to test the device as a Hardware based RAID System and have followed the instructions found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/jj125012.aspx

After the testing, we submitted the results, and were told by the Microsoft representative that the device could only be listed as a SCSI disk, but he could not tell me any more about what needed to be different about the testing to make it be recorded as RAID device except to point me to the already mentioned URL.

What needs to happen to test the device as a RAID SYSTEM? Is there another option that needs to show up on the client to select a RAID device? I really need some guidance here.

Thanks,

Dean

Friday, April 26, 2013 4:40 PM

All replies

• Forwarded your question to the appropriate team. Will receive a response soon.

Thanks,

Sree

Monday, April 29, 2013 10:15 PM
  • Hi,

You have to select the Hardware based RAID Controller(Its like vendorname_RAID Controller "JMicron RAID SATA Controller") selection tab in HCK  Studio.Before that you have to ensure that device was identified in Device manger.

Yesubabu Gude

Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:49 PM