Application update page in Store shows no info (on device). RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Recently I've published an update, and now the update page of the app in the Store looks weird. 

update pade in the Store has no app info

The description and all other information is missing. This behavior occurs both on WP7 and WP8 devices. When I get to the app via search all seems ok.

I think that possible reason that caused this "bug" is that new update contains two xap's - one for 7.1 and one for 8.0 (Previous updates had only 7.1 xap). And "two xap's in one submit" feature in not working as it expected to :(.

Or maybe the app info has not yet made ​​it to the Store.

So, now I'm wondering what to do with it?
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hello Alexander,

This is a timing issue with the servers and update notifications. The updated XAP has not replicated to the server your phone is connected to, resulting this is scenario. This is something we are aware of and are working to improve so that the timing will be more in sync and provide a better user experience. This should sort itself out in about 24 hours. If you see this happening more than 24 hours after your update passes certification please contact developer support.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hello Alexander,

This is a timing issue with the servers and update notifications. The updated XAP has not replicated to the server your phone is connected to, resulting this is scenario. This is something we are aware of and are working to improve so that the timing will be more in sync and provide a better user experience. This should sort itself out in about 24 hours. If you see this happening more than 24 hours after your update passes certification please contact developer support.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:55 PM
  • Hello Eric,

Thank you. Indeed it is timing issue. 
    I've published new update and was available on WP7 device after ~24 hours and on WP8 after ~48 with correct description. It seems that XAP and WPStore description indormation have different time of arrival to the server for different platforms and stores. I hope this will improve in the future.
    Friday, April 19, 2013 8:54 AM