Accessibility in the CollectionView xamarin forms ios RRS feed

• Question

• User346618 posted

How can i make the CollectionView work with accessiblility? having added the AutomationProperties to the first child of the DataTemplate, the iOS VoiceOver still does not detect the elements.

Please help me guys! :)

Thursday, August 27, 2020 2:05 PM

All replies

• User380187 posted

Hi @alexudd , do you also add the AutomationPropertiesfor CollectionView?

Such as:

<CollectionView x:Name="collectionView" AutomationProperties.IsInAccessibleTree="True" ItemsSource="{Binding Monkeys}"> ... </CollectionView>

In addition, also can check in iOS childview renderer . For exampple , if the child view is a Entry, we will custom as follow:

public class MyEntry : Entry { }

Then in iOS renderer code as follow:

using Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS;

``` [assembly: ExportRenderer (typeof(MyEntry), typeof(MyEntryRenderer))] namespace CustomRenderer.iOS { public class MyEntryRenderer : EntryRenderer { protected override void OnElementChanged (ElementChangedEventArgs e) { base.OnElementChanged (e);

if (Control != null) {
                // do whatever you want to the UITextField here!
                //Control.IsAccessibilityElement = true;
                Console.WriteLine("==================" + Control.IsAccessibilityElement);
            }
        }
    }

} ```

Friday, August 28, 2020 6:13 AM
  • User346618 posted

Adding IsInAccessibleTree to the parent CollectionView does not solve my issue. Neither does changing the element in the datatemplate to something more straightforward - like a label that should be accessible automatically.

The problem seem to be with the CollectionView. I Switch to ListView and it works fine.

Thanks for your help though, have you gotten the CollectionView working with the AccessibleTree?

Friday, August 28, 2020 7:39 AM
  • User380187 posted

@alexudd No, it doesn't work with the AccessibleTree. Here the workaround is need to use ListView. I will continue to research about CollectionView to achieve that. If good news will update here later.

Monday, August 31, 2020 6:19 AM