sql byte array RRS feed

• Question

• I have a byte array of a file and I need to save it into my database in a field that has been set aside of type image.

However I have a problem my data access class takes a sql string and commits it to the database for example.

"EXECUTE stored proc @parm1, @parm2, @parm3"

However the problem is I cannot figure out how to transfer the byte array to string so that I can add it as an argument.

I hope this make sense.

I also understand that I can build parameters in com objects but I do not want to do this as it will disrupt my whole data access class and I am not prepared to do this at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Friday, August 28, 2009 11:01 AM

Answers

• Hello,
    Not sure what it is that you are asking here, but it sounds like you are having problems fitting multiple items into a container designed for just a single item.

But, if you wish to store the byte array as a string, then you will need to iterate the array, and build a string representation by concatenating each byte.ToString onto the end of the string representation.  Good luck "un-stringing" the data.  Sounds like a rather time consuming headache in each direction.

Hope this helps.

Rudedog  =8^D

Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."
    Friday, August 28, 2009 4:55 PM