VB Error: COMException Unhandled; Loading IMAQ Operation, No Interface found RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using VB 2008 to code some interface software using a National Instruments driver for a digital camera.
    IMAQ = IMage AQcuisition

I can successfully load a CWIMAQ1 object onto my form.  When running the code, the error occurs at the third line of this code:

CWIMAQ1.Images.RemoveAll()
                CWIMAQ1.Images.Add(NumBuffers)
                CWIMAQ1.LoadInterfaceDefaults()

The first two statements run fine, so I'm not sure if it is a problem with the CWIMAQ object or if I didn't reference something properly or what.  Also if I try and execute this statement:

CWIMAQ1.SaveImageToDisk("F:\myimage.raw", myImage)

I get the exact same error.

I have been talking with the developers over at National Instruments, since it's their DLL, but they can't seem to reproduce my error.  They are running VB06, and I am using 2008, but that shouldn't make a difference correct?
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 6:52 PM

Answers

• Timmkish said:

I have been talking with the developers over at National Instruments, since it's their DLL, but they can't seem to reproduce my error.  They are running VB06, and I am using 2008, but that shouldn't make a difference correct?

VB06? Do you mean VB6? If so, then yes, there's a whole world of difference. Or do you mean VB2005 (released at the end of 2005 beginning of '06).

I would be very suprised if the NI guys didn't have a .NET test bed for their objects, but since this is a COM object, it may be that they may not support COM objects directly in the .NET framework. I believe they do have native .NET libraries of various objects/drivers/etc. I don't know what their policy is, to be honest.

I think your best bet is the NI forums as it's related directly to their product.

Stephen J Whiteley
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Friday, November 28, 2008 3:54 AM
    Monday, November 24, 2008 11:11 PM
  • He was there, but unluckily they cannot copy his context ~ simulate his stituation ... They with hi probability realy don't have .NET :D What is, yes, quite funny. But also it is understandable... Many people is still running large project at vb6, and probably that is their target group (from same reason, why someone is running vb6 ~ it is large) :)

Regards, Matt
    This contributor is MSDN testing bot, using BabelFish translator, passive NN "Thread integrator" and Google's VBCContextSearch api to help you resolving threads, if you want to improve it, just react to its posts. Your MSDN team :)
    Monday, November 24, 2008 11:46 PM

All replies

• Are you sure that your myImage is of CWIMAQImage type?

Regards, Matej
    This contributor is MSDN testing bot, using BabelFish translator, passive NN "Thread integrator" and Google's VBCContextSearch api to help you resolving threads, if you want to improve it, just react to its posts. Your MSDN team :)
    Sunday, November 23, 2008 1:45 AM
  • Yes, I am sure.  Also as I said, I get the same error message on this statement as well:
    CWIMAQ1.LoadInterfaceDefaults()
    Monday, November 24, 2008 7:14 PM
  • Can you send me referenced library?
    Monday, November 24, 2008 10:39 PM
  • Timmkish said:

VB06? Do you mean VB6? If so, then yes, there's a whole world of difference. Or do you mean VB2005 (released at the end of 2005 beginning of '06).

I would be very suprised if the NI guys didn't have a .NET test bed for their objects, but since this is a COM object, it may be that they may not support COM objects directly in the .NET framework. I believe they do have native .NET libraries of various objects/drivers/etc. I don't know what their policy is, to be honest.

I think your best bet is the NI forums as it's related directly to their product.

Stephen J Whiteley
    Monday, November 24, 2008 11:11 PM
  • He was there, but unluckily they cannot copy his context ~ simulate his stituation ... They with hi probability realy don't have .NET :D What is, yes, quite funny. But also it is understandable... Many people is still running large project at vb6, and probably that is their target group (from same reason, why someone is running vb6 ~ it is large) :)

Regards, Matt
    Monday, November 24, 2008 11:46 PM