Deploy CUBE in Analysis Service Tutorial for SQL 2008 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

All step where finalized completetely until the deployement , I get error:

Error 4 "The project could not be deployed to the 'Server\sqlexpress' server because of the following connectivity problems :  A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running.  To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server."

Is there your machine config screen shot to understand where I' wrong on my SQL security settings, Firewall, developper rights...or what about end to end machine setup to run those helpfull training.

Browser service is running but 127.0.0.1:2382 does'nt answer

BOL is still incomplete and redirect my request to C++ stuff???

Thanks,

Thierry

Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:34 AM

All replies

•  

Hi Thierry

1) In SQL Server Configuration Manager, you should see that the service is running (with a green light).  If it is not running, you may have a permissions or security error.

2) In SQL Server Managment Studio, you should be able to connect to your instance.

These steps are important before attempting to make a connection from another machine.  If you have further connectivity questions, I recommend asking the question in another SQL Server forum (not data mining).  Try either the SQL Server Security, or the SQL Server Setup forums.

Monday, November 3, 2008 3:11 AM
  • Hello Mark,

1 - Yes, it's running.Everything is on local machine (Vista x64)

From VS 2008 I can use the Sample DB, create step by step tutorial/demo provided by SQLTeam. When the deployment come, I get the error message.

I use a named instance of SQL Express. So, there is no default instance of SQL installed...

I read in that case the port 127.0.0.1:2382 is used. So,I've open Vista Firewall for this UDP port and default TCP port by the way.

Would you give me prereqest to let BI & DW demo work ( links or articles to understand & troubleshoot are welcome)

Thanks for your help

Monday, November 24, 2008 2:32 PM
  • Hi Thierry

You will need more than just SQL Server Express to run Analysis Services.  I recommend acquiring and installing the development version of SQL Server (either 2005 or 2008) to run the demos.  You can tell the difference in SSMS because there is a connection for "Analysis Services" which is different from "Database Engine".

Then, you can download the SQL Server samples from Codeplex:

http://www.codeplex.com/SqlServerSamples

Monday, December 1, 2008 9:26 PM