Simuator shows error regarding Wacom Tablet

Question

• When I start any project ( HTML5 ,JavaScript, CSS ) in debug or non-debug mode the simulator shows an error that takes several mouse clicks to stop the pop up alert box from repeating. ( C:\Program Files\Tablet\Wacom\Wacom_Tablet.exe The Request is not supported  ) The Wacom Tablet is a current generation Intuos Pen/Touch. Disabling the touch feature of the tablet via the hardware switch makes no difference. I was planning to use the tablet to help test the touch aspects of my code apart from just creating the artwork. This error occurs even in a new blank app with no libraries or code added.
    Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:53 PM

All replies

• Hi MagneticFlux,

Per my understanding, this problem should be related to the third-party software. Try to remove the third-party software and restart the emulator to see if the pop up alert box will show again.

If I misunderstand you, please post more information about your scenario.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 27, 2014 9:13 AM
  • Hi Herro,

I can stop the error message by disconnecting the Wacom tablet prior to starting Visual Studio. The 3rd party software that you refer to is the Wacom software. This problem has been present ever since trying to use the tablet in VS. Just last week I upgraded my pc to a SSD and completely " blew away " the OS saving nothing. ( clean install )I reinstalled only drivers for keyboard, mouse, tablet, trackball and the VS. The error reappeared as if I had done nothing to erase it. After getting rid of the error message ( after about 25 mouse clicks ) I shut down VS leaving the simulator running. Since the simulator is a virtual machine I can open the Microsoft Solitaire game from my start screen. I can then use the simulator to test all the pen and touch features of this game with the Wacom tablet. This is what I would like to do for my programs but can't. This scenario would indicate to me the problem has something to do with VS. I was hoping that there was a setting or at least a work around to disable the request that VS says is not supported. It would be helpful if I could find out more details of the error such as a log file recording error events.

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Hello,

Per my understanding, this is not related to programming in store app. So it’s out of our support range in this forum. I would recommend you open thread on Visual Studio General Forum for effective response. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 9:55 AM
  • When I start any project ( HTML5 ,JavaScript, CSS ) in debug or non-debug mode the simulator shows an error that takes several mouse clicks (25) to stop the pop up alert box from repeating: ( C:\Program Files\Tablet\Wacom\Wacom_Tablet.exe The Request is not supported  ) The Wacom Tablet is a current generation Intuos Pen/Touch. Disabling the touch feature of the tablet via the hardware switch makes no difference. I was planning to use the tablet to help test the touch aspects of my code apart from also creating the SVG artwork. This error occurs even in a new blank app with no libraries or code added. This problem has been present ever since trying to use the tablet in VS. Just last month I replaced my hard drive with a SSD and completely " blew away " the OS, saving nothing. ( clean install ) I reinstalled WIndows 8.1 with only drivers for keyboard, mouse, tablet, trackball and then reinstalled VS 2013 Express. The error reappeared as if I had done nothing to erase it. After getting rid of the error message ( after about 25 mouse clicks ) I shut down VS leaving the simulator running. Since the simulator is a virtual machine I can open the Microsoft Solitaire game from my start screen. I can then use the simulator to test all the pen and touch features of this game with the Wacom tablet. This is what I would like to do for my programs but can't. This scenario would indicate to me the problem has something to do with VS. I was hoping that there was a setting or at least a work around to disable the request that VS says is not supported. It would be helpful if I could find out more details of the error such as a log file recording error events. Is there such an error log file buried within Windows 8.1?

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:57 PM
  • Wow, I moved this to the General Visual Studio thread and now it gets moved back here???? This is not a duplicate, it was transferred to the thread suggested by Herro Wong. Please advise where exactly I'm to post this problem.
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:33 AM
  • You missed :) This wasn't merged from the General Visual Studio forum. It was (re)posted in the Tools for Windows Store apps forum.

That said, I'm not sure the General Visual Studio forum is a better place for this (but it may be) as it's not completely clear what the problem is.

It would be helpful if you could restate it more clearly and consisely. Please use white space so that the text is easier to read and clearly separate the problem description from the background information.

Can you please provide exact repro steps to reproduce the problem?

Does it occur only if Visual Studio launches the simulator? What if the simulator is already running? Is there a difference if you run the app under the debugger (F5) or without debugging (Ctrl+F5)? What if you run the app directly from the simulator? Does the problem occur if you run the app locally rather than through the simulator?

The error appears to come from the Wacom driver and not from Windows, so you'll need to contact Wacom for details on that.

This may not be directly relevant, but the simulator is not a virtual machine. It is a (fancy!) terminal server session back into the local machine.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:22 AM
    Owner