Integrate Identity into existing application RRS feed

• Question

• User-284642143 posted

I have an application which has NO ASP .Net membership/ASP .Net identity.

When using ASP.Net membership in the past i would run aspnet_regsql.exe which would create the required tables etc. Would the same be applicable with ASP .Net Identity? If yes would i then just copy the code from an existing application which uses Identity and use that across my own web pages (register, login etc etc)?

Thanks

Saturday, June 14, 2014 4:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

This tutorial shows how to integrate ASP.NET identity with an existing Web Forms project: http://www.asp.net/identity/overview/getting-started/adding-aspnet-identity-to-an-empty-or-existing-web-forms-project

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 14, 2014 4:34 AM
  • User-284642143 posted

Thanks Mike, i did have a look at that link earlier but it added some confusion. Im using VS2013 + all updates.

For example, I have an application with 3 layers DataAccess, BusinessLayer and a Website (DataAccess has a dbml file, business has the methods to get the data etc)

Im skipping the section titled Getting Started ASP.NET Identity as i think thats the existing app in the demo.

So since i already have an application, i right click and select Manage Nuget packages i search for Identity.E but nothing is returned, i do the same again but on the DataAcess project and again no results are returned. 

So am i missing something here?

Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:11 AM
  • User1155138559 posted

You need to search for microsoft.aspnet.identity.entityframework as the package name

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 7:53 PM