It tooks so long to Go Back to previous page, what can be done?

Question

• Hi,

I don't know what cause the problem. I am using Platform :VS2012 express for win8

Problem: It seems the default GoBack button took more than 10 sec to return to previous page

This is the Navigation :

P1 -> P2 -> P3 -> P4

At P4, I have about 500 Photo in a ListView, after viewing the user can click the Back button to return to P3. It took more than10 sec to return to P3.

<Button Content="Button" Click="GoBack" IsEnabled="{Binding Frame.CanGoBack, ElementName=pageRoot}" Style="{StaticResource BackButtonStyle}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="16,13,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="80" Height="65"/>

protected override void GoBack(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
            {
                base.GoBack(sender, e);

//-- Close 2 PopUp Boxes if they are open

}

Thanks

Friday, August 29, 2014 11:47 AM

All replies

• Does the same happen on Windows 8.1?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, August 29, 2014 7:17 PM
  • I have not converted this to windows 8.1-base app.   I am running this App on Windows RT OS-based tablet after upgraded to Windows RT 8.1.

How to speed up when return to previous page?

Thanks

Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:36 AM
  • If you post a project, I'll test it out.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, September 05, 2014 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

I managed to convert the winRT8.0 to winRT8.1, so far it is running faster the winRT 8.0 I am impressed with VS2013 for Windows development platform User interface with Notification feature and others. I will do further testing.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:16 AM