SQLMail -> Database Mail RRS feed

• Question

• I apologize if this is in the wrong area. If so, please advise where I should post this.

In SQL Server 2000 we have an application which sends emails to specified users. There is a table which includes the to address as well as subject, body, etc. Every 5 minutes, a SQL Job fires, checking the table, and using SQLMail sending the email. Additionally, during this job, it checks the inbox for any commands/requests from specified users. It checks the from address against a table and if the from person is not authorized, it deletes the email. Otherwise it 'reads' the body and acts appropriately, i.e. sending current data from a statistics table.

With SQL Server 2005 - it looks like I can do the first part (schedule a job, read a table, send some mail) but not the second.

My questions are:

1. Can I actually still send the emails using Database Mail as I have in the past;

2. What tool/process can I use now to act on the incoming email? Do I have to create a .net application to handle this portion of our project?

Thank you in advance.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 5:00 PM