Problem while adding a Stored procedure RRS feed

• Question

• User-614943948 posted

I have a crystal reports, which takes an ID as an input, which acts as a primary key and foreign key in various tables. Now I have a stored procedure, which I want to join with rest of these tables. The problem is this stored procedure takes its own input, instead of taking the original input of the report. I want the stored procedure to take the original input, instead of creating an input of its own. How can I resolve it.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:15 AM

Answers

• User-359936451 posted

You can edit the Store Procedure in Visual Studio, it should be located in your data base.

NOTE: some SP are not intended to be edit because they may be called by other parts of your code or application. The best thing to do is copy the original SP and create your own and then make your edits and call the new SP.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 8, 2014 12:30 PM
  • User-578610739 posted

Hi Dear,

Something you understood wrong. Whenever you add a procedure which have parameter, crystal report add that parameter automatically in the parameter list. If you make crystal report parameter, that also see at the same location.

Now you have to assign value(s) of your sp parameter in crystal report by report selection formula like .

Menu :-- Report / Selection Formulas 

{table.field1} = {?Parameter1} and {table.field2} = {?Parameter2}

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2156805/crystal-reports-parameterized-queries

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:49 AM

All replies

• User-359936451 posted

You can edit the Store Procedure in Visual Studio, it should be located in your data base.

NOTE: some SP are not intended to be edit because they may be called by other parts of your code or application. The best thing to do is copy the original SP and create your own and then make your edits and call the new SP.

Friday, August 8, 2014 12:30 PM
  • User-578610739 posted

Hi Dear,

Something you understood wrong. Whenever you add a procedure which have parameter, crystal report add that parameter automatically in the parameter list. If you make crystal report parameter, that also see at the same location.

Now you have to assign value(s) of your sp parameter in crystal report by report selection formula like .

Menu :-- Report / Selection Formulas 

{table.field1} = {?Parameter1} and {table.field2} = {?Parameter2}

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2156805/crystal-reports-parameterized-queries

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 12:49 AM