none
Use C11 in Visual Studio 2015

Question

• Hi VS community, as the title says, I need to use C11, but why on vs 2015 ? Because is the only IDE  I have. So if anyone could tell me how to configure my vs to use this lenguage, I would be very gratifided with you. Thank you.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi VS community, as the title says, I need to use C11, but why on vs 2015 ? Because is the only IDE  I have. So if anyone could tell me how to configure my vs to use this lenguage, I would be very gratifided with you. Thank you.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 11:10 PM
  • elias97 --

You have erroneously posted your Visual Studio question in a public user forum dedicated to questions about Microsoft Project Server, an enterprise project management application.  I would recommend you repost your question in a user forum dedicated to Visual Studio questions.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:29 PM
  • Hi elias97,

Does the C11 you mentioned is means C++ 11?

According to below MSDN article, most features of C++ 11 is supported in Visual Studio 2015. But not all features are supported. More detailed information, please refer to the table list in this article.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh567368.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#featurelist

As far as I know, we need not configure your Visual Studio 2015 to use this language. If it is supported in Visual Studio, you just use its features in Visual Studio directly. If the features not supported, Visual Studio will prompt/unrecognized it.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:40 AM
  • ok, I'll try, thank you !!
    Friday, March 18, 2016 12:13 AM
  • Hi elias97,

After trying, please let us know whether it successful or not. If successful, please mark the helpful reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If still has problem, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 18, 2016 2:27 AM